Tuesday, February 12, 2008

BibleWorks7 Graphical Search Engine and More!

In an earlier post, I showed how to use the Graphical Search Engine (GSE) in BW7 in conjunction with the Louw-Nida domains to conduct a search. In response to that post, someone asked whether it were possible to not only search for all the words in a domain, but specifically to find all those instances where words in that domain occur in the imperative mood. It can be done! It takes a little extra work, but it is a good opportunity to see how to use the Word List Manager (WLM) in connection with the GSE. Click on the graphic below to open a 5Mb WMV file. The video is less than 3 minutes long. One thing I don't note on the video is that it is possible to edit the list of words generated by the LN domain in the WLM before applying morphological coding and saving.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this. I've tried doing that many times and its never worked properly. I still don't know what I was doing wrong before, but at least now I was able to copy your video step by step, and learn the correct way to do it.
    Thanks
    Duncan

    ReplyDelete