Thursday, July 12, 2007

More on fonts

In my previous post, I referred to the SBL Greek and Hebrew fonts. From that link you can download the SBLHebrew, but the Greek is still in beta and under discussion on the SBL Fonts Forum. (The Greek font has been taken down for 'repairs,' but John Hudson says a new beta should be available sometime in July 2007.)
To get the new Microsoft fonts if you have not upgraded to Vista or Office 2007 requires a bit of work. I got Calibri, Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantina, Corbel, and Segoe UI by downloading a trial version of Microsoft Office 2007. (This new version is certainly improved in many ways from Office 2003, but I'm also finding some issues working with Greek/Hebrew and doing footnotes.)
In the meantime, as I had mentioned in another post, I am sticking with Cardo for all my Greek/Hebrew.

Post a Comment