I've posted regularly about using Unicode fonts, and David Instone-Brewer on the Tyndale Tech blog has now compiled an excellent resource on "Unicode Fonts Unite Biblical Studies." He has sections on:
- Unicode Installation Easier
- Unicode Bibles and Unicode on your Bible Software
- Converting old fonts to Unicode
- Unicode TLG, with INSTANT lexicon lookup
- Unicode Greek & Hebrew Bible on Palms and other PDAs
- Help, I've got an old computer!
Section 3 also has important information regarding conversion of fonts. Galaxie now provides their BibleScript program for free, and it can convert the TrueType BibleWorks fonts and the SBL fonts (SPIonic/SPTiberian) among many others into Unicode. (I am having some problems making it work consistently, but it might help.)