Saturday, December 1, 2018

Scan Books into Zotero from Your iPhone or iPad

I've been a long-time fan of Zotero as a free, bibliographic and note-taking tool. It takes just a click to add books, web sites, pdfs and more from the web. (It especially works well with Amazon books.) It allows for note-taking and tagging and attaching other resources. (E.g., I link reviews from the Review of Biblical Literature to a book.) My books can be tagged and organized in my library, and the library is synced in the cloud, so I have access to it from anywhere.

They recently announced an iPhone / iPad app for scanning barcodes on books to get them directly into Zotero. Directions for installing and using the app are HERE. It requires iOS12.

If you don't have an iPhone or iPad, you can go to this web page, enter the ISBN, and save it to your library once you have created your account. Other than using that web page in a browser, there is no good Android option yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment