Thursday, August 2, 2007

OT in NT Exercise demonstrating resources

I just finished an exercise I've created for a class I am teaching this fall on the OT in the NT. I use Matthew 4.4 and its citation of Deuteronomy 8.3 as a reason for helping students ask questions about the texts and discover the resources they need to use. In particular, I include six short videos that feature the use of BibleWorks7. (I hope to do a Logos version sometime...)
I think it is a pretty good demonstration of the kind of work one can do with Bible software, but it also is an attempt to show what is available online and to walk students through the process of accumulating information to make sense of a text and the history of its interpretations.
I posted the exercise as a PowerPoint show, but it includes all the links to the videos and a host of web sites. Here is the start page: OT in the NT Exercise - Matthew 4.4
If something is not working, or if you have other suggestions, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Post a Comment