I had some critiques of last year's app, but I still found it more useful than not.
UPDATE: 2012.11.01: The Android app was just made available. Click through to either the Android or iOS app HERE.
From the description, app features include:
- Native app: No wifi connection required to access the conference program, schedule or animated maps.
- Now: Stay informed about hot issues, event program changes, your upcoming sessions and organizer messages.
- Program: Browse the entire event program to build your personal schedule, bookmark sessions or speakers, or access session handouts as available.
- Take notes and email them as part of your trip report for reference.
- Exhibitors, Maps, related conference info and much more.
- There are a number of ways in the app to email or send to Twitter or Facebook (but not LinkedIn which was in last years) notes you've added, schedule, etc. There's even a live Twitter feed on the home screen of the app. (Twitter: #SBLAAR or #AARSBL)
- Yes! You can add your own appointments to the schedule!
- Yes! You can export your entire schedule so that it can be imported to Outlook, Google Calendar, iOS, Android via an ICS file.
- Maps of all the venues are great and a link to Google maps of Chicago. The exhibitor menu is similar to last year's, but that is good.
UPDATE: 2012.11.07: There is now an official user guide to the app here. (PDF)