Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shelfari - Create your own bookshelf

If you want to set up your own bookshelf, I've previously listed some library management tools here, including the useful LibraryThing. Another more visually appealing option which is also a kind of social bookmarking and recommendation service is Shelfari. You will have to add your books manually, but you can click them in quickly via an Amazon search. Like LibraryThing, joining is free, but it appears that you can add as many books as you want. Once you have added books to your shelf, you can provide tags and reviews. You can also move them around the bookshelf. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to add my whole library... (I'm still trying to find my old CueCat scanner which I supposedly can use to scan in books more quickly.)

1 comment:

  1. That's a really cool feature. I could see my friend and me using that quite a bit to communicate on what books we are currently reading. Thanks for the post and link!

    Jake
    NoteScribe: Premier Note Taking Software

    ReplyDelete