Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Listing of texts available for BibleWorks

I've been trying to pull together some resources for my students, and I have a few BibleWorks resources that others may find useful. 
I have compiled in a spreadsheet (what I think is) a complete list of texts for BibleWorks8 that are in Hebrew, Aramaic, Syriac, Greek, Latin, Coptic, or English. I've organized them according to Language, Content, Source (whether they are included in BW8, available for purchase as an Addon Module, or as a downloadable User-Created resource), the Abbreviation for each resource, a Description of the Text, whether there is a Morphologically-paired text or a Translation-paired text, and if there is any other Related text.
HERE is the XLS spreadsheet you can download. The first page has things organized largely according to content: OT&LXX, Targums, Intertestamental, Composite OT&NT, Greek NT, NT Peshitta, NT Misc, Latin, Early Christian, Other Jewish, English Versions, Islam, Classical, Doctrinal, and Miscellaneous. The second page alphabetically organizes the abbreviations used for the resources. The benefits of downloading this file are that you can have the listing available offline and can organize things as you wish. The drawback is that you'll have to keep it updated.
So, I also uploaded the spreadsheet to Google Docs where I and Michael Hanel and James Darlack will try to keep it updated. HERE is the online doc. (UPDATE: Sharing has now been enabled.)
In order to avoid problems, note that non-editors will not be able to change it. Now if anyone else wants to try to complete the list with all the other versions in BibleWorks, let me know, and I will give you editing privileges.

No comments:

Post a Comment