The question was recently asked again on one of the Bible software forums whether the Bible software application could be run on a mobile device like a smartphone or such. Short answer: No, you can't really run one of these programs on your WindowsMobile or smartphone as far as I know.
BUT... if you really need it and are willing to put up with a little inconvenience and have good eyes... You can see from the screenshot below that I do indeed have BibleWorks7 on my WindowsMobile device. (In my case, it is a Dell Axim x51v with true VGA display.)
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to www.LogMeIn.com or go here directly for the free version.
- Download/install the program on your home PC or Mac. Set up account, access codes... (It is indeed free and secure.)
- Now, on your WindowsMobile device or smartphone, you need to get on the web, go to the LogMeIn site, and logon.
- You will get a display showing which computers are online and on which you have set up the LogMeIn software and provided access. Click on your home computer, supply the access code, and you will now see your home computer screen on your mobile device. You will have complete control over your home computer, but due to screen resolution/sizes, you will probably have to move around the screen quite a bit.
- You don't really have the software on your mobile device. You are simply running your home computer's installation. Hence >>>
- You do have to leave your home computer running and LogMeIn enabled...
- It really is quite fast. The only real issue is viewing and moving around the screen, not the speed. (If you want to make it easier, reduce the resolution on your home computer display.)
- I use this program regularly, but my main use is to control computers for other members of my family. I'm the computer guy in the extended family, and when they have problems... well, it's just a lot easier taking over their computer and fixing things than trying to provide instructions over the phone.
- I have had absolutely no problems with security or with spam using this program.